Re: caching dilemma

At 4:53 PM 5/31/95, Koen Holtman wrote:
>You mean to say that the Netscape _browser_ disables its internal
>cacheing when receiving a pragma: no-cache in a form _response_??  That
>would be strange but wonderful, as the draft http spec defines this
>pragma to be an optional part of a client _request_ message.

That is the case. I confess that I don't know how I discovered it, but it
definitely turns off history caching in Netscape. Set it on a form, for
instance, and you don't have to worry about the user resubmitting it - if
they go back to it, it's been reloaded.

Kee Hinckley      Utopia Inc. - Cyberspace Architects    617/721-6100
nazgul@utopia.com                               http://www.utopia.com/

everyone else's.