Re: Host Hiding in URL

From: Rob McCool <robm@netscape.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 1995 08:36:14 -0800
To: mgodsey@medio.com
Cc: Multiple recipients of list <www-talk@www10.w3.org>
/*
 * "Host Hiding in URL" by Mike Godsey <mgodsey@medio.com>
 *    written Fri, 3 Mar 1995 17:23:20 +0500
 *
 * I need to know how to setup web pages for customers, all hosted on
 * the same server.  I want each customer's URL to be free from the
 * host-system's server name.  For example, the server is
 * www.medio.net.  I DON't want customer's URL's to be:
 * http://www.medio.net/CustomerA NOR do I want to put them on a
 * seperate port, and run a second server on that port.  Is there
 * another way to do this that I'm missing.
 *
 * For what it's worth, I'm using the Netscape Commerce Server.
 *
 */

This is not possible in the 1.0 release of the Netsite servers (it
missed being there by about a half a day). It is possible in the
upcoming 1.1 releases of the servers.

--Rob