Re: Host Hiding in URL

On Fri, 3 Mar 1995, Mike Godsey wrote:

> I need to know how to setup web pages for customers, all hosted on the
> same server.  I want each customer's URL to be free from the host-system's
> server name.  For example, the server is www.medio.net.  I DON't want
> customer's URL's to be:  http://www.medio.net/CustomerA

It is possible to assign a different server address to each customer using
CERN or NCSA http server (having actually only one machine and one
ethernet port).

Check out http://www.thesphere.com/~dlp/TwoServers/

> For what it's worth, I'm using the Netscape Commerce Server.

I think you as a customer should ask Netscape when will they support this
feature in their server. Many customers want this possibility, and I
personally won't buy Netsite server before I can run many servers on one
machine with it.

Cheers,

Juri
The Baltics Online WWW server <A HREF="http://www.viabalt.ee/">