Re: Draft [URL] reference update to informative text

By "addressed" I guess you mean loosening the syntax enough to
encorporate most of the tag soup, as in HTML5?

Currently the only plausible vision of the next-generation
machine-readable Web is Semantic Web/Linked Data. To implement it, we
need stronger semantics. For semantics, we need strict syntax.

How do we get to semantics if we can't even get the syntax right? How
can we get developers to publish and consume Linked Data if they
cannot even manage this with HTML?

Lowering the standards to the lowest common denominator is not a
long-term solution that we need. As a side-efect, HTML5 syntax made
writing parsers harder and broke XML pipeline processing model.

P.S. Please don't say JSON is a solution to semantic problems.

Martynas