RE: Shadow DOM background reading

The recent controversy thread on encapsulation of shadow DOM started in www-style:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2014Feb/0221.html

it continued for a long while there before transitioning to public-webapps:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2014JanMar/0217.html

Other recent threads that I have found interesting, on shadow DOM or on webcomponents, include:

- Trying to figure out an imperative API for insertion points, to explain/improve on <content select="">: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2014JanMar/0376.html

- A summary on the state of web components in general: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2014JanMar/0338.html

- "Why can't we just use constructor" instead of createdCallback for custom elements: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2014JanMar/0033.html