Re: Preparing to Publish HTTPS Finding

Domenic Denicola wrote:

> Can you perhaps be more articulate about what you find odious about
> LetsEncrypt et al? Presumably they don't actually ask for any
> first-borns, so some concrete examples would be helpful to determine
> if this is indeed a legitimate concern.

I've only used the term "odious" to describe CloudFlare's TOS. I
haven't read that of LetsEncrypt, but that's pay-to-play, right? I
can't give a more concrete example than Sections 10 and 11 of the
CloudFlare TOS (even ignoring its contradictions and horrific spelling),
and I assure you that's a legitimate concern for the small businessman.
"Free" service isn't the sort of carrot that will make me disregard the
TOS stick it dangles from, when experience informs me that stick is
nowhere near as tasty as the proferred carrot.

-Eric