Re: [Json] Encoding detection (Was: Re: JSON: remove gap between Ecma-404 and IETF draft)

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 01:14:00AM +0100, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
>   HTTP/1.1 200 OK
>
>   ABCD...
>
> There would be at least two specifications that apply here, the HTTP
> and the application/json specification. Would you like them to say
> that you are on your own, "ABCD..." could mean anything? [...]

Absolutely not, and I didn't say that either.  The application/json
media type absolutely has to be in a UTF, and preferably UTF-8.

> I cannot build robust software based on "well, maybe it's EBCDIC?
> Have you tried GB 18030? UTF-7 might be worth a try otherwise. Are
> you sure this matters at all?"

That is not even remotely what I want.  Either you misunderstood me or I
wasn't specific or clear enough.  Either way, I think it should be clear
as of my last message (though you might find things there to disagree
with).

Nico