Re: [Json] Encoding detection (Was: Re: JSON: remove gap between Ecma-404 and IETF draft)

* Nico Williams wrote:
>We must not require encoding detection functionality in parsers.  We
>must not forbid it either.  We might need to say that encodings other
>than UTF-8/16/32 may not be reliably detected, therefore they are highly
>discouraged, even forbidden except where protocols specifically call for
>them.

When I pass a fully conforming UTF-8 encoded application/json entity to
a fully conforming JSON parser I do not want the parser to do something
funny like interpreting the document as if it were Windows-1252 encoded.
I am amazed how many people here think a parser that does that should
not be considered broken.