Re: X-HTTP-Method-Override request header

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 5:41 PM, Steve Klabnik <steve@steveklabnik.com> wrote:
> I used to be very mad about this, but have come to realize it's not that
> big of a deal. Basically, all these frameworks _also_ support the actual
> HTTP methods, so if you're building a non-browser client, you can use
> the actual methods to take advantage of their semantics.

With XMLHttpRequest you can use whatever method you please, apart from
those which are a case-insensitive match for CONNECT, TRACE, or TRACK.

> But, given that
> all you need is GET and POST[2], and given that HTML still only allows
> those two methods in a <form>, I don't think that it's a significant
> problem.

If you use <form>, how do you include this X-HTTP-Method-Override
header? <form> does not allow for that.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/