Re: X-HTTP-Method-Override request header

On 2013/11/06 18:20, Robin Berjon wrote:
> On 06/11/2013 06:50 , "Martin J. Dürst" wrote:
>> I'm not sure which hack (or hacks) Rails uses or has been used (Yehuda
>> will know), but as Markus also explains below, if HTML/browsers
>> implemented basic HTTP methods such as DELETE, hacks such as
>> X-HTTP-Method-Override wouldn't be necessary.
>> (...)
>> TAG, please don't shoot the messenger, but try to address the core
>> problem.
>
> I don't know to which degree this is a TAG problem to solve.

Valid point. I didn't mean that the TAG is solely and fully responsible
to solve this problem. I just meant it in the sense of "if you want to
push, please push in the right direction".

> There is
> some modicum of interest in supporting at least PUT and DELETE in forms
> (as indicated by several links previously provided) and it is clearly
> demonstrated that people use those methods on the server side rather
> extensively.

It's also quite clear from example such as Rails that client-side Web
applications/frameworks *would* extensively use these methods if only
they *could*.

> There is, however, neither consensus nor sustained drive behind solving
> this, and a number of issues that need addressing.

Maybe the TAG can help?

Regards,   Martin.