Atom vs Polyglot

Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com> wrote:
 > You could imagine, for example, the ATOM folks considering a formal
 > reference to polyglot had a polyglot spec been available at the time.

Actually, I don't see how this would have helped and what problem it
would have solved (and yes, I've been involved in Atom).

(I *do* believe that Polyglot can be useful; I just don't understand
that Atom reference).

Larry replied:
 > ... As for ATOM, perhaps it should be redone with JSON and HTML anyway.

That's *really* vague, Larry. What is the problem you think needs to be
solved in Atom?

Best regards, Julian