Re: Scope of W3C recommendations; core issue for polyglot & DRM

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 6:23 PM, Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com> wrote:
> XML remains a very important interchange format on the Web; it's just not
> the format of choice for the AJAX-style applications that are of most
> immediate interest to the HTML working group. It's not at all inappropriate
> for XML to be called out as significant to Web architecture IMO.

I think either you replied to the wrong email or I'm missing the point
you're trying to make. All I was trying to say is that ideas designed
for closed environments might not end up working that well in open
environments. And sometimes as seen e.g. with WML, XHTML Basic, etc.
closed environments are just washed away.

(Aside, given Google's indication of over a trillion unique URLs
(almost five years ago now), a couple of million is hardly
significant.)

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/