Re: Call for proposals to amend the "httpRange-14 resolution"

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 3:59 PM, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:

> How does one express support for additional options to the existing
> proposals?
>
> I am *strongly* against wholesale replacement of the current
> recommendations. At the same time, I have no problem with additional options
> being added to the pot, so to speak.
>
> My biggest concern is inadvertently throwing out the baby with the bath
> water.

Nobody is asking anyone to do this and I'm not sure where you get this
idea.  Just as an example, if I may guess what you might be talking
about, I don't think abandoning 303 altogether will be considered an
option, given that it is in wide use and is codified in HTTPbis. More
likely (although still of very uncertain likelihood) new discovery
methods advocated by participants in the process will be added as
alternatives. The way to get involved is to write down the way you
think discovery ought to work and that you think others might agree
with, using the template provided. If you would enter into dialog with
what I've already written by referring to it where appropriate and
using its framework, that would be helpful I think, but I suspect the
TAG will entertain any good faith effort to solve the problem through
consensus.

Jonathan