Re: Call for proposals to amend the "httpRange-14 resolution"

On 2/29/12 10:57 AM, Jonathan A Rees wrote:
> Concerns regarding the efficiency of 303 redirects and the difficulty
> in deploying them on hosting services have been raised numerous times
> since the TAG proposed the 303 redirect as a way to use "hashless"
> URIs for semantic web and linked data purposes (i.e. beyond the
> purposes of the hypertext Web). The TAG now seeks input from the
> community in the form of proposals to amend the resolution in order to
> address these concerns. Proposals may give new discovery techniques,
> or take any other form that might help mitigate these problems.
>
> Please consult the following document for details of this call:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/uddp/change-proposal-call.html
>
> (I will be re-posting this call to the semantic web and linked data
> discussion lists in a few hours, after www-tag readers have pointed
> out any egregious errors, and after I have had a chance to resubscribe
> to the lists under my new email address, so that I have posting
> privileges.)
>
> Best
> Jonathan Rees

How does one express support for additional options to the existing
proposals?

I am *strongly* against wholesale replacement of the current
recommendations. At the same time, I have no problem with additional
options being added to the pot, so to speak.

My biggest concern is inadvertently throwing out the baby with the bath
water.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen