Re: Call for proposals to amend the "httpRange-14 resolution"

On 2/29/12 4:15 PM, Jonathan A Rees wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 3:59 PM, Kingsley Idehen<kidehen@openlinksw.com>  wrote:
>
>> How does one express support for additional options to the existing
>> proposals?
>>
>> I am *strongly* against wholesale replacement of the current
>> recommendations. At the same time, I have no problem with additional options
>> being added to the pot, so to speak.
>>
>> My biggest concern is inadvertently throwing out the baby with the bath
>> water.
> Nobody is asking anyone to do this and I'm not sure where you get this
> idea.  Just as an example, if I may guess what you might be talking
> about, I don't think abandoning 303 altogether will be considered an
> option, given that it is in wide use and is codified in HTTPbis.

Okay, great!

I just needed that to be crystal clear.

> More
> likely (although still of very uncertain likelihood) new discovery
> methods advocated by participants in the process will be added as
> alternatives.

I have no problem with that.

> The way to get involved is to write down the way you
> think discovery ought to work and that you think others might agree
> with, using the template provided.

As I've stated repeatedly, I don't have any problems with the existing
findings and recommendation. My issues are more about the narrative
which is thin on genealogy re. de-referencable identifiers applied to
data access by reference patterns.

>   If you would enter into dialog with
> what I've already written by referring to it where appropriate and
> using its framework, that would be helpful I think, but I suspect the
> TAG will entertain any good faith effort to solve the problem through
> consensus.

Yes.

IMy fundamental concerns have been addressed in this reply :-)

Kingsley