Re: Publication of the final WG Note of 'Usage Patterns For Client-Side URI parameters'

On 22 February 2012 17:12, Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org> wrote:

> Following the publication of the TAG Finding on "Identifying Application
> State" [1][2], and to signal the end of REC-track work on that document
> after it fulfilled its goal of attracting wider review, the TAG published a
> final Working Group Note of 'Usage Patterns For Client-Side URI parameters'
> [3].
> Cheers,

Congrats!  As someone that spends most of their time, dealing with the
separation of data from applications, I really welcome this work.

My impression is that, there is still at times, an element of confusion, in
areas of web 2.0 regarding the most effective use of # in URIs.  Hopefully
this document can help clear a few things up.

Is the fragment identifier still pivotal in the W3C mission of leading the
Web to its full potential, or, as it was phrased in "Weaving the Web",
connecting "everything to everything"?