Re: A proposal involving my original reason for commenting on httpRange-14

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 7:25 AM, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
> 303 hasn't stopped facebook adding 850 million+ Linked Data profiles to the
> Web. We still talk about Linked Data as though its just starting when in
> fact its already reached critical mass etc.. DBpedia, LOD Cloud etc..
> combined with Facebook and Schema.org == way beyond critical mass :-)

Perhaps this is where you were going, but I think it's important to
point out that Facebook and publishers of Open Graph data ignore
httpRange-14 entirely, which is probably why it is working. For
example:

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1182345/

identifies a movie:

    https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/og/object?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.imdb.com%2Ftitle%2Ftt1182345%2F