Re: Friction and cross pollination

From: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 17:59:48 -0400
To: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>
CC: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>, Michael Champion <Michael.Champion@microsoft.com>, "ndw@nwalsh.com" <ndw@nwalsh.com>, "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>

On 10/19/2011 2:19 PM, Larry Masinter wrote:
> Noah:
>>> I'm somewhat less convinced on this one, only because support for is
>>> such an explicit part of the HTML5 specification already [1].
> So you disagree with Robin that SVG integration into HTML is a
> significant step forward in XML/HTML integration?

No, I agree on that, though I'm probably in the camp that would have
preferred to have a somewhat more generalized extensibility mechanism used
to do it. What I was mildly disagreeing with was the suggestion that the
task force report should call this out specifically or in much detail. As I
said, I think the task force should mostly focus on integration options
that are either unclear from the specs, or that would require further work
on the specification(s).

Noah