Re: Friction and cross pollination

On 10/19/2011 3:37 AM, Larry Masinter wrote:
> The ways in which HTML and XML can be used together better than before
> seem like important things to document in the task force report as
> well,

Yes, and there are significant sections organized by use case that do just
that.

> " SVG can now be used in HTML; not long ago it required ungodly hacks"
>
> Worth pointing out.

I'm somewhat less convinced on this one, only because support for is such
an explicit part of the HTML5 specification already [1]. I think the task
force is at its best when it starts with what's in the specifications and
explains some of the useful possibilities and/or pitfalls that might not
have been obvious to the casual reader. Maybe or maybe not it's worth
having the task force take the time to say "BTW, this was harder with older
versions of HTML, and now it's in the spec", but I'd rather see the task
force focusing on things that are not quite so obvious from the specs.

Noah

[1] http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#svg-0