Re: Copy to Clipboard - ambush and abuse by javascript

<snip>
> I think such a statement could be understood as suggestion to introduce DRM
> (as we know the catastrophic implementations) into HTML pages. Fortunately,
> it is not too popular.
</snip>
I understand that some might want to interpret my suggestion in a way
it is not intended.

<snip>
> There are well known methods to protect your users from copy: e.g. just put
> a glasspane on top (a transparent picture) and you're done.
</snip>
Works for common Web browsers, but not all user agents. And it might
not be long before plug-ins circumvent this simple fix, too. It's an
arms race, eh?

<snip>
> The protection is not an issue here I think.
> (also note that there's not protection gained by adding such an origin and
> tracking URL at the end! Inserting this hidden in som HTML attributes would
> be considerably more harmful)
</snip>
You might be right. This particular implementation may be more about
using human readers as link-producing machines in order to improve
that content owners' search values.

mca
http://amundsen.com/blog/
http://mamund.com/foaf.rdf#me