Re: RDDL natures: for the record

On Wed, 2006-12-20 at 10:10 -0500, Elliotte Harold wrote:
[...]
> I can think of a lot of fun and useful things to do with the text and
> markup of actual RDDL documents, but URIs for nature properties just
> don't enter into that.

OK, I think Norm clarified that while he was noodling with
rddl:nature as an RDF property, that's not really how RDDL
is used in practice; the syntax that's used in practice is
xlink:role (if I recall correctly).

The result of the discussion that Norm is to collect details
of actual RDDL practice:

"ACTION: Norm to provide a set of test cases of whays in which RDDL is
actually used"
 -- http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2006/12/13-morning-minutes#item02

which see
 Bring out your namespace documents
 http://norman.walsh.name/2006/12/18/rddl

And as to what 'drens' stands for... it's document root
element namespace.

"ACTION: DanC to start an ontology including
docns/documentElementNamespace"

> I am assuming here there's a distinction between the URI for RDDL's
> nature property and the URIs of particular RDDL natures. Did I read you
> right about that?

I'm equally concerned about all URIs that get used; I gather that
URIs of particlar RDDL natures are more concretely used than
a rddl:nature URI, yes.

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E