Re: RDDL natures: for the record

Dan Connolly wrote:

> Maybe I can approach the question differently: what's the full
> URI of RDDL's nature property?

You seem to be coming from an RDF space I stopped paying attention to
years ago, so I'm pretty sure I don't understand the background for your
questions or comments. I don't mean to say that you're wrong by any
means; just that I honestly don't understand why these things seem at
all important to you.

As far as I've noticed:

1. RDDL's nature property has never been treated as or considered to be
a resource.

2. Consequently, nobody has ever bothered to assign a URL to it.

3. I don't see what benefit would be achieved by defining it as a
resource and assigning a URL to it.

At least that what it looks like from where I'm sitting. You're sitting
in a different place, and probably using different tools so you may well
see something I don't. However everything I've ever needed to do with
RDDL or thought of maybe one day doing with it is perfectly well served
by the current setup, without needing a URI for "RDDL's nature
property". It never occurred to me to ask for one, and I'm not sure what
I would do with it if I had one.

I can think of a lot of fun and useful things to do with the text and
markup of actual RDDL documents, but URIs for nature properties just
don't enter into that.

I am assuming here there's a distinction between the URI for RDDL's
nature property and the URIs of particular RDDL natures. Did I read you
right about that?

Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!