RE: referendum on httpRange-14 (was RE: "information resource")

I don't see the data: URI scheme as being appropriate for anything
but plain literals, because language qualification and typed literals
have nothing to do with MIME types.

Yes, you could probably figure out how to coerce data: URIs to
embody language qualified and typed literals, and get some applications
to recognize those literal values accordingly, but I think it would
be a bit too much of a hack.

Better IMO to have a distinct URI scheme with precise, well defined
interpretation of all URIs using that scheme to their corresponding
literal values.

Patrick