RE: referendum on httpRange-14 (was RE: "information resource")

I think that part of the 'problem' here is that we have multiple
type-systems:

1) media types
2) document types (valid under some form of schema - scoped by media
type in some cases)
3) xml document types (valid under  DTD, XML Schema, other schema...)
4) typed element and attribute content carried within some bounded part
of a document.

and that we might want literals of differing granularity.

Stuart