Re: Tunneling HTTP over SOAP

From: Tim Bray <Tim.Bray@Sun.COM>
Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 20:15:22 -0700
To: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org

On May 1, 2004, at 11:28 AM, Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:

> If I'm reading this right, and I'm not sure I am by any means, then
> this is another whack at the packaging problem, similar to XOP.

Boy, you're smarter than I am.  Someone sent me back-channel mail,
explaining that this was a way of getting a SOAP+attachments-like
effect but without going all the way to XOM/MTOM.  I would never have
figured that out from reading the draft though.  And that section I
called about motivation is really lame.  Without any comment on the
technical virtues of this proposal, some editorial polishing would
help. -Tim