Re: Tunneling HTTP over SOAP

From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 14:28:11 -0400
To: Tim Bray <Tim.Bray@Sun.COM>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org

If I'm reading this right, and I'm not sure I am by any means, then
this is another whack at the packaging problem, similar to XOP. In
other words the issue is how to bundle a bunch of things together in
one document. This does it by stuffing it all in XML. XOP stuffs it
all in a MIME multipart envelope. There are probably other
approaches. Personally I wonder if one shouldn't just use zip or jar
and relative URLs.
--

   Elliotte Rusty Harold
   elharo@metalab.unc.edu