Re: Context Independent URI

On Monday, July 22, 2002, at 04:39  AM, Williams, Stuart wrote:
> *If* "nutrition facts and buying information" and "cooking instruction"
> are
> reasonable representations of the same concept/resource... then I guess
> that
> would be fine... but I'm trying to think what the 'super-concept' might
> be
> that admits representation as "nutrition facts etc." or "cooking
> instructions".

The concept is a box of cereal (er... maybe a better example  that has
cooking instructions and nutirition facts) but the point is that it's a
thing, and you get different information about it depending on context.

It seems I confused some people by not stating out first that this
information were not representations in the HTTP sense, but merely
related content that my device brought back to me. I think it's
important we keep HTTP terminology separate from URIs and their usage.
--
Aaron [http://www.aaronsw.com] 4FAC4838B7D8D13FA6D92EDB4145521E79F0DF4B
I'll be at the O'Reilly Open Source Convention in San Diego July 24-26.