Re: [namespaceDocument-8] 14 Theses, take 2

On Wed, 2002-02-27 at 18:54, Tim Berners-Lee wrote:
> Some of the following seem to me self-evident:
> 5. Where all the information available can be expressed in one (not too
> long) document then an indirection for the sake of it is an engineering
> mistake.  So clients should be prepared to accept information directly or
> indirectly, ideally.

Could you explain to me why this is self-evident?

This claim seems like a catastrophic mistake to me at its foundation.

The costs of indirection are low, the benefits substantial.  The only
reason I can find to oppose indirection is impatience, which itself
feels to me like an engineering mistake.

(I'd also question whether anything is properly speaking self-evident,
but it seems to a phrase people like.)

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!