RE: Namespace dispatching

 Micah,
 I see your point. I think the right balance could be achieved by
saying on the sender: "We expect the XHTML processor to be able
to handle XInclude and therefore this thing is an XHTML document
all right." And if the XHTML processor handles XInclude by
processing that first and separately (by being run after an
XInclude processor), that's an implementation choice. 8-)
 Of course we are getting to matters of taste so where in one
case the wrapper element is not needed (as above), in other cases
the wrapper element is preferable, and I think every spec that
can be handled independently should provide such a wrapper
element to be used "where appropriate" to mark the document's
type.
 Best regards,

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   http://www.systinet.com/