RE: uri-comp draft necessary?

If you believe this then I assume this means there will also be a
URL-comp draft issued shortly thereafter?

Your document is very important for several reasons from being a handy
listing of URI comparison mechanisms for implementers to showing the
folly of URIs in a succint manner. Stopping work on the document is
simply sweeping the problem under the table. It would be difficult to
keep a straight face if the W3C TAG issued a document saying that

http://www.example.com and HTTP://www.example.com

were not equivalent then watching how that reacted with the notion that
namespace URIs should be dereferencable[0].

[0] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#namespaceDocument-8

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
The hurrier you go, the behinder you get.

rights.