Re: Porting fill/stroke (and -opacity variants) to plain CSS

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 3:23 PM, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au> wrote:
> On 24/01/13 9:36 AM, Dirk Schulze wrote:
>> Here is a blog post about these properties:
>>
>> https://www.webkit.org/blog/85/introducing-text-stroke/
>

> Thanks.
>
> That post is not exactly clear about what "not set" means for
> text-fill-color.  Presumably it has an initial value of currentColor.
>
> In SVG at the moment we have these initial values:
>
>   fill: black
>   stroke: none
>   stroke-width: 1px
>
> while these properties are:
>
>   text-fill-color: currentColor
>   text-stroke-color: currentColor
>   text-stroke-width: 0
>
> How do we reconcile these?

As I laid out in my previous email, I think we can get away with
changing the initial value of 'fill' to "currentColor", and then using
a UA style sheet to set it to "black" for SVG elements.

We can just ignore the disconnect in stroke initial values.  Both ways
validly suppress the initial display, and so we can just leave
'stroke' as it is.

~TJ