Re: SVG Feature Request: Toggle text selection sensitivity

Related to this thread, I'm exploring the possibility of enabling CSS pointer-events to work with canvas.

The stroke(), fill() and clearRect properties are sufficient to maintain a 1bit per pixel bitmap as an incremental improvement on the relationship between DOM events and the 2d context.

It seems quite manageable within existing specs; but would lump strokeText in with stroke(), or simply not composite strokeText / fillText onto the 1bit per pixel backing store.

I'd be ok with that latter behavior, as, if I wanted the text to be clickable, I could composite it onto a temporary layer, first. But it is a little awkward.

Thoughts from the SVG crowd?

It's my hope that work on canvas accessibility will contribute to svg a11y.

-Charles