Re: How to provide titles and descriptions in a second language?

Jonathan,

Opera displays the title as a tooltip when hovering.  I consider Opera one
of the major UAs.

My question was really about how to define a clear test/fail criteria.  Can
we properly phrase the pass criteria in a sentence or two?

The spec http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/struct.html#DescriptionAndTitleElementssays
that the title and description are not displayed when the SVG is
displayed on visual media and then says browsers MAY display the title under
certain circumstances but it is not clear that they MUST.  I think we all
agree that they SHOULD.

Do we state that hovered tooltips are the mandatory way browsers must
display the <title>?  Or maybe something more general like:

"The user must be able to cause the browser to reveal the contents of the
<title> element in some way.  One popular (and recommended) means is by
hovering the mouse pointer over the element such that the <title> contents
are displayed as a tooltip."

Jonathan, maybe you and I can start expanding on this at
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/IG/wiki/Accessibility_Activity ?

Regards,
Jeff