Re: [SVGMobile12][SVGT12-425]: Please extend the Last Call period

On Jan 12, 2006, at 21:13, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> I agree with Maciej that moving to CR from the current draft is
> probably not the
> right thing to do given the many oustanding issues and given the
> amount of
> issues that have not been properly addressed when moving from LC2
> to LC3.

As usual we will do our best to please all and to take into account
all feedback to make the best spec we can within the imparted time
frame, but we have alas already delayed beyond what several large
driving adopters would consider good and we will have to make a
difficult choice involving timeliness and adoption. I am certain that
I speak for the whole WG when I say that we are extremely grateful
for the quality of review that this specification has been
increasingly getting (I'm only a little sorry to see that many if not
the majority of these issues were already there in SVG 1.0 -- but
that's certainly not your fault) and that we will not tolerate that
this effort be squandered by not taking it into account. Whether or
not the next step is LC or CR, all comments will be addressed. I for
one would really like there to be another LC so that we can get
further review of the changes, but I can only say that I'd prefer we
go straight to CR rather than not see adoption since that would waste
both your efforts and ours.

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist