Re: SVG 1.2 12.1.1 The Progress Event

Jim Ley wrote:

> I can't believe I'm unique in serving up 404 jpegs! * Squiggle especially
> needs 404's to be content-negotiated, to something it can understand, rather
> than the traditonal .  (there's a similar situation with HTTP 302/307 status
> which RFC 2616 says "The entity of the response SHOULD contain a short
> hypertext note with a hyperlink to the new URI(s)" - but doesn't suggest
> what mark-up language I should use for that note.)

For hypertext (which SHOULD be used according to that RFC), I suggest
the one called HyperText Markup Language.

But I agree that it makes sense to serve other versions if the UA
doesn't accept (X)HTML. So if a UA like Squiggle says it doesn't accept
HTML, my server should ask what it would prefer, and serve that. In this
case, SVG for example (which is more accessible than JPEG in many if not
most cases).

Tobi

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/