Re: SVG 1.2 12.1.1 The Progress Event

"Thomas E Deweese" <thomas.deweese@kodak.com>

> JL> "Dean Jackson" <dean@w3.org>
>     This is an attractive answer but goes against what has been
> happening for 404's on images since HTML started being used on the
> web.  It would clearly be easier for servers to generate SVG 404's
> than say 'JPEG' 404 - but I still doubt it's likely to happen :)

I can't believe I'm unique in serving up 404 jpegs! * Squiggle especially
needs 404's to be content-negotiated, to something it can understand, rather
than the traditonal .  (there's a similar situation with HTTP 302/307 status
which RFC 2616 says "The entity of the response SHOULD contain a short
hypertext note with a hyperlink to the new URI(s)" - but doesn't suggest
what mark-up language I should use for that note.)

Jim.

* http://www.showcaster.com/confererences/JibberingCon/123/foo.jpg