RE: foreignObject

Tobi,
Here is a snippet from the SVG spec:

---
Usually, a 'foreignObject' will be used in conjunction with the 'switch'
element and the requiredExtensions attribute to provide proper checking
for user agent support and provide an alternate rendering in case user
agent support is not available.
---

The model is that something other than native SVG is going to render
onto a virtual rectangle on the SVG canvas. The conceptual model is that
of an optional plugin, but actual implementations might indeed be
monolithic.

Jon

Of
> Tobias Reif
> Sent: Friday, August 23, 2002 5:06 AM
> To: www-svg@w3.org
> Subject: Re: foreignObject
>

> Jon Ferraiolo wrote:
>
> > In my thinking, a foreignObject element will have a
requiredExtensions
> > attribute which is a namespace URI which says which "plugin" to the
SVG