Re: [SVG1.0] no tspan allowed inside an anchor?

Jim Ley wrote:

> That was my suggestion based on the fact that it [...] is potentially confusing,

The WG could add paragraphs to the spec explaining the semantics of each
text and tspan, and what differentiates tspan from text.

> the main issue
> though is the limiting of A which started the thread,

The limitation has nothing to do with removing tspan.

> and the fact that
> the suggestion is it's analgous to the span element of HTML when it is
> not.

It is.

It might have even more similiar semantics to the XHTML2 line element
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml2/mod-text.html#sec_8.13.
.

HTH.

> my being
> inable to understand the semantic difference between text and tspan.

Those explanatory paragraphs seem to be needed.

Tobi

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/