Re: Proposing new values for list-style-type

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬

‫בתאריך יום ד׳, 16 בספט׳ 2020 ב-19:17 מאת ‪Tab Atkins Jr.‬‏ <‪
jackalmage@gmail.com‬‏>:‬

> On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 3:51 AM Xidorn Quan <me@upsuper.org> wrote:
> > Nowadays the CSS working group mainly uses GitHub to track spec changes,
> so the proper way would be to create a new issue in
> https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts. However, given that we already have
> @counter-style spec'ed and implemented in Firefox, I don't think it's very
> likely CSSWG would be willing to accept new builtin counter styles.
> >
> > I would instead suggest that you create a new issue or pull request
> against https://github.com/w3c/predefined-counter-styles to add these
> styles to the ready-made list. And as you can see in this list, there are
> just too many styles that can be added, and it's probably not a great idea
> to build all of them into CSS.
>
> Yup, the CSSWG ended up deciding, after we'd created @counter-style,
> to only predefine (in the browser) the handful of counter styles that
> previously existed in implementations, for legacy-compat reasons, and
> the handful of counter styles we knew about that couldn't be expressed
> in @counter-style.

Thanks for the response! Is the decision not to add any more predefined
styles documented anywhere publicly? Mostly for my curiosity :)