Re: Select element if next sibling

Philip TAYLOR skrev:

> On 29/07/2017 15:04, Florian Rivoal wrote:
>> Right, except that :has() is excluded from the dynamic profile (i.e. selectors you can use in regular CSS).
> Please forgive my naivety, but can you explain (a) the meaning of "the
> dynamic profile", and (b) the meaning of "regular CSS" ?  Although I
> do not know the exact meaning of either, the terminology used would
> suggest to me that "the dynamic profile" is something other than
> "regular CSS" (if  by "regular" you mean "ordinary" rather than "at
> predictable intervals", that is).
> --
> <Signature>
> Philip Taylor
Long story short, the dynamic profile is the selectors that you can use
in css. If you want to use everything you need to use javascript. There
has been a lot of discussions and investigations by the people actually
responsible for implementing the selectors. They have good reason not to
have everything supported in the dynamic profile.