Re: [motion-1] !important: motion-* rename

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 8:07 AM, Amelia Bellamy-Royds
<amelia.bellamy.royds@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 30 September 2016 at 10:09, Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com> wrote:
>> But what if we reversed the terms?
>>

>> path-transform (shorthand)
>> path-transform-shape (= motion-path / offset-path)
>> path-transform-anchor (=offset-anchor)
>> path-transform-offset (= offset-position)
>> path-transform-distance (= offset-distance)
>> path-transform-rotation (=motion-rotation / offset-rotation)
>>
> This was going to be my second choice suggestion, so I'd be happy with it.
> Saves a few characters, anyway.  We had for a while discussed using a `path`
> property for SVG path data, but ended up sticking with `d` in the spec, so I
> think the path-* prefix is safe.

At this point, why not just drop the "-transform" entirely? "path" as
the shorthand, "path-shape", "path-distance", etc for the longhands.
No need to have those extra 10 characters cluttering up the names.