[css-grid] Question regarding the layering of elements assigned to the same grid-area

From: Michael Cohen <michael.cohen@buildasign.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 09:40:21 +0000
To: www-style@w3.org
Hello,
I've started working with grid layout, when assigning multiple elements to
the same grid area they layer. I understand that this is the intended use.
Has there been any consideration of a property that would allow multiple
elements assigned to the same grid area to display in a block formatting
context? I can imagine a responsive design having more grid areas in a
large desktop layout than it does a mobile layout. It might be desirable to
have multiple grid items laid out in a grid area.