Re: CSS Testsuite Status

On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 5:54 PM, Geoffrey Sneddon <me@gsnedders.com> wrote:
> As of today, posting mostly so this is written up somewhere prior to TPAC:
>
>  * Almost possible to build a manifest, giving a list of all test
>    files, using web-platform-test tools. The largest part of the diff
>    compared with what the CSS Testsuite build system outputs is caused
>    by tests that do not link to a specification anchor that Shepherd
>    knows about, which the web-platform-test tools care nothing for.

That's 264 tests that are excluded on that basis.

>  * The CSS Testsuite build system is, once that has landed, only
>    needed for the CSS Test Harness. Given the status quo is many of
>    the restrictions required by the build system are oft forgotten or
>    otherwise neglected (we have no broken links in the unbuilt tests,
>    but a reasonable number in the built tests), it would be nice to
>    drop the requirement from the CSS Test Harness or replace it
>    (discussion on Friday; what do we need from it?).

202 files (some tests, some refs) have broken links in them in the
build testsuite. Though some of these are broken <link rel=author>
links where they've been partly obfuscated to avoid spam bots picking
them up. "foo[at]bar.com" does not a URL make, and hence it breaks. I
don't know whether we should just unobfuscate these as well as adding
mailto: to them, or just add mailto: to them and leave them as invalid
within the mailto scheme.

/gsnedders