Re: [css-grid] Remaining Grid Layout issues

Hi Mats,

On 11/23/2016 09:19 PM, Mats Palmgren wrote:
> On 11/21/2016 05:41 PM, Manuel Rego Casasnovas wrote:
>> 1) Alignment and shipment
>> So it seems their current plan is to ship the whole thing.
>
> We shared our plans and reasoning about that, on this list, long
> before our intent-to-ship:
> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2016Oct/0011.html
>
> IIUC, you're now implementing baseline alignment in Chrome too
> so I don't understand what the fuss is about here...

First of all, stating that our position as implementors of the Grid
spec in Chrome and WebKit, and agreed with some reviewers, is
that we should ship the whole spec affecting Grid Layout.

When Christian (Chrome) asked about the plans for the Alignment
spec, fantasai suggested than only the syntax compatible with Flexbox
can be considered as stable and that the other values/syntax can
change considerably. So fantaise suggested to ship only the stable
part, but I guess it's up to the implementors to take the decision.

I the intent-to-ship discussion in blink-dev we were told that our
judgment as implementors were more than enough, in addition to
what Mozilla will eventually does on this regard.

So, we wanted to clarify fantasai's position about what is considered
as stable and what not. That's all.

>> 3) Baseline alignment
>> Firefox has already implemented baseline alignment a while ago,
>
> Yes, but note that we also have a few bugs in baseline alignment.
> We intend to fix those before release.

We expect to fix the remaining bugs as well before reaching the stable
branch.