Re: [css-overflow] A question about overflow-x and overflow-y

Thanks Florian.

Any one of overflow-x and overflow-y being `hidden` will trigger BFC, which
don't have to break anything of spec. "BFC in one dimension" doesn't have
to exist here. So I don't think it's something prevents `visible` +
`hidden`.

As you said, scrollbars actually don't break `visible` + `hidden` either
(in this combination, we don't need scrollbars).

So I assume it's more of a history and compatibility issue?