Re: [css-inline] Computed value for initial-letter property

On 2016-05-24 23:24, fantasai wrote:

> The CSS WG has published an updated Working Draft of the CSS Inline
> Layout Module Level 3
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/css-inline-3/

> Please review the draft, and send any comments to this mailing list,
> <www-style@w3.org>, prefixed with [css-inline]

Some time ago I argued a case for an option to set font size for drop
caps which was largely catered for by the use of number rather than
integer for the size of the initial letter, but I don't think the last
case in 3.3 is quite right. Where the initial letter size is less than
the drop, I think that to better model printing with moveable type, it
should align at the top, not the bottom.
--
Charles Lamont