Re: [css-grid] Update minmax() description now that fr is invalid as minimum

On 2016-05-17 00:10, fantasai wrote:
> On 05/16/2016 09:19 AM, Mats Palmgren wrote:
>> "track sizing function" is a defined term in [1] and it excludes
>> 'fr' in the min value in a minmax().  So it should be clear that
>> the computed value is 'auto' in that case.
>> (linking "track sizing function" from [4] to [1] would help too)
>
> I'm a little confused what you mean by computing to 'auto'.
> Invalid syntax causes the declaration to be thrown out,
> not for it to compute to 'auto'...

Yeah, I meant the declaration is invalid and thus discarded, so the
property (grid-template-columns/rows) gets its initial value, 'none':
https://drafts.csswg.org/css-grid/#track-sizing

Assuming an initial value for grid-auto-columns/rows the sizing function
ends up being 'auto'.  Granted, it could be some other value...
https://drafts.csswg.org/css-grid/#auto-tracks

Anyway, the text I suggested avoids saying anything specific about
the value, or which property it came from.  It just makes it clear
that it's a *computed value* it's talking about, which excludes 'fr'
min-sizing.

/Mats