Re: [css-snap-size] Use 'factor' as the term?

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 14:35:00 -0800
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 2:13 PM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
> On 03/02/2016 05:02 PM, Francois Remy wrote:
>> If we are ready to bikeshed this, I think "step" might be better than
>> "factor".
>
> Maybe. But since we're already using counter-increment,
> reusing that term seems to make sense?

Eh, "increment" there is related to the *verb* increment, as in
"increase by some amount".  It's not related to the noun increment
("the smallest/most significant units of increase"), which is the
concept we're trying to invoke here. I like "increment" less now.

I like "step" quite a bit - it's also used by HTML in the <input
type=number step> attribute to mean exactly what we want here.