Re: @else in Media Queries

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 16:26:42 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org
On 10/06/2016 14:23, Mark Brown wrote:

> You can assume that I don't know a lot about Wysiwyg editors; that's
> why I was asking. I can understand your objection to the semantics -
> your point about needing a "boolean completion" is valid (and thank
> you for taking the time to make your point, btw) - but I don't
> understand the problem with splitting up a chained conditional.

For the time being, any deletion in a stylesheet always results
in a valid stylesheet. But if we have the following:

  @media .... {
  }
  @else {
  }

and if you remove the @media part, you end up with an invalid statement
(the standalone @else). All existing code, everywhere on the Web,
performing deletions in a stylesheet will need to be updated to care
for that.

Similarly, insertions in a stylesheet will have to do some validation
to avoid breaking @media+@else.

Hth.

</Daniel>