Re: [css21][css22][css-tables][css-break][css-page][css-multicol][css-regions] repeating table headers and footers

Le 2016-01-21 00:48, Florian Rivoal a écrit :
>> On Jan 21, 2016, at 03:02, Gérard Talbot <www-style@gtalbot.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Le 2016-01-20 08:21, Florian Rivoal a écrit :
>>> When a table is fragmented over several fragmentainers (pages,
>>> columns...) should table headers and footers be repeated?
>>> CSS2.1 is the only spec I know of to speak about this[1], and it
>>> doesn't actually decide:
>>

>> Personally, I think CSS2.2 should actually decide.
>
> Regardless of which spec it goes to, yes we should actually decide.
>>> First, I don't think we behavior should depend on categories of UAs
>>> (print vs non print).
>>
>> Well, shouldn't it apply to paged media only?
>
> Whether the media is paged or not is a more useful distinction than
> classifying
> user agents as print oriented or not.
>
> But if we consider that pages are not the only type of fragmentation
> container,
> and that the problem across column breaks is the same as across page
> breaks, I'd
> rather tie it to fragmented flows than to paged media.
>
>  - Florian

Okay, I understand now.

By the way (for completeness purposes), HTML4.01 states
"
When long tables are printed, the table head and foot information may be
repeated on each page that contains table data.
"
11.2.3 Row groups: the THEAD, TFOOT, and TBODY elements
https://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/tables.html#h-11.2.3

but HTML5 makes no mention of this.

Gérard